Monday, June 2, 2014

Size In The Park


Hey, a few weeks ago I went to "Size in the Park" (May 17th) at Stockholm (Kungsträdgården) with my friends. Steve Angello from Swedish House Mafia performed and some other DJ. It's available to stream on VIAPLAY, I haven't check it out yet. To describe shortly; Size in the Park is a free entrance 
concert and supposed to be "party of the year" with Steve Angello. 



How was my experience of Size in the park?

-INTENSE! There was about 30 000 people allowed in to the park, and about  30 000 other people that were not allowed to enter, surrounding the park. With intense I meant crowded as hell, sweaty and loud music. The music was great but the people were horrible. 

Firstly, people pushing around and stepping on your feet. But there will always be pushing and so on during concerts so not much to comment on that.


Secondly, when it's so crowded and people get stupid idea to smoke cigarette right in the middle of the crowed. I was so afraid I was going to get burned. Also I felt sorry for them, because they can't help being stupid. I mean go to a spot where you can at least put your arms around you or something. I mean we are standing like sardines. It was like his hand was up in the air and my question was how the hell are you going to put out that cigarette without burning anyone? I get it people have "cravings" to smoke but at least you can use your brain somehow. 


(This picture… I don't even need to describe it. )

Thirdly, Breakdancers? Seriously, who breakdance middle of a crowd? Making a circle doesn't make it safe. The funny part was a boy who did a "flip" and almost kicked his friend on the head. I was like dude, are you brain dead or what? Breakdance in a sardine crowd makes no sense at all… -.-


(picture taken by Satu, Amanda and my iPhone)

Lastly, the music was good. Steve Angello did his thing and all. I especially like the light affects and the fireworks. However, last comments me and my friends stated. "We are too old for this shit"… haha and honestly it's fun and all, but I think I am going to lay on free concerts with more than 10 000 guests! haha or if even that. We will have to see, I hope it's not going to be that enjoying at Summerburst. But lucky it's limited tickets and 18+ so people won't bring their kids and I will be with my boyfriend so that will be fun and something I am looking forward to! I hope there won't be as annoying people as there was at Size in the Park! 




No comments:

Post a Comment